A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Thursday, March 01, 2012

Closure

So I started reading the Wheel of Time series in 1992. Twenty years ago now. At that time, there were four books in the series, or the 5th one was in hardback, but being a poor high school freshman, I wasn't going to shell out the bucks for it. Anyway, the series has STILL not been finished yet, and won't be until next year sometime. Its on book 14 now. One story, 14 volumes, 20 plus years. Which has me asking questions like, how will it end? Having invested this much of my life to reading, rereading, and waiting for closure, when it finally happens, what then? Will my life be different?

Perhaps I am reading too much into it. Pun works either way.

Just bored at work today. We've had a lot of slow days recently, and I am running low on webcomics to read. I literally have hundreds that I've read and keep fairly up to date on.

Guilty admission: on Monday there was a 'Cutting Edge' marathon. They showed it 4 or 5 times back to back. I watched it twice and STILL DVRed it. Oddly enough, I've only seen the first 30 minutes of the movie maybe 2 or 3 times...I usually just stumble across it on TV once its already started and watch it. I love this movie, and I have no logical reason why...its one of my romantic comedy Achilles' heels, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home