A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Fun words and melty clothes

Today, o faithful blog readers, is some freakin' hot weather. And, as I went from my car to Home Depot (to acquire small-ish files and wood glue for shimming katanas) it felt as if my very being were melting from the heat. Melty skin, I am used to. Melty hair, melty feet, yes. But when your shoelaces and eyelashes also feel melty, that's hot. That's melt-the-Terminator-down-to-slag hot. That's Ark-of-the-Covenant-melt-you-into-Nazi-goo hot. Hot. You with me?

I have also been researching my family history a bit...just for kicks. My friend and faithful blog reader Behtia has a severed boar's head on her coat of arms, which is kinda gross. Most of mine are plain shields with triangular stripes, although my dad's mom's side has some kind of raven on it, which is pretty sweet. And the Scottish side is, let's face it, cool. Daggers aplenty. Plus I'm in a sept.

And furthermore, I have been doing today's fun words in bold...and I also had the opportunity to use the word festooned earlier, which is amazing.

No KotOR stories today, kids. Yes, I know you're disappointed. Yes, I know you love the KotOR stories and have been telling all your little friends about them...oh what the heck! I'll give you a KotOR story! Yesterday I was playing KotOR II, and finally finally built my lightsaber! There was mad amounts of excitement in the basement. I even created the "Dance of the Lightsaber", an interpretive look at the celebratory celebration when the indigenous people of the basement complete their day's quests and reap the rewards which will see them through the harsh winter world of Hoth. It'll be on Discovery Channel this Wednesday at 8/7 Central.

Goals for this week: get my band name list on the blog, and also put up a picture of my pet turtle, "Dread Pirate Treacle".

Today's fun: http://www.vesselwiththepestle.com/
A site entirely dedicated to The Court Jester, an old Danny Kaye movie that is one of my favorites.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I love Danny Kay! This website seems not quite fully formed.

La

10:50 AM, July 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home