A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Monday, August 15, 2005

The Wisdom of Whitesnake

Good morning, starshine! The earth says "hello"!

So the news this week is that Nyx and I have broken up. It was unpleasant, to say the least. Started about two weeks ago when I got the "where is this relationship going?" talk, which led to subsequent tension and questioning of the pros and cons of continuing the relationship. And then last Thursday it came to the point of no return. She wanted commitment (i.e., a ring) and I was unable to acquiesce. She was unwilling to compromise, and thus we ended it. It is true that we dated for two years, as was the major basis for her argument, and that is a long time, but we had maybe maybe one date a week. And how well can you get to know someone that way? Furthermore, I am not in a place in my life where I am ready to support a wife and family, and she was not willing to wait.

So that's that. Its been a craptastic couple of weeks relationship-wise, and I will miss her terribly, but am fast on the mend! Let the womens beware! :)

Also important in today's news is the fact that the Earth is on the verge of zombie infestation. Go on, laugh. But its true. I am attaching a link to the article below. Make preparations now, people. Have your infestation plan ready.

Zombie Article

5 Comments:

Blogger bad apologies said...

BOOOO to her. She should have asked for potpourri. If you made potpourri for me, I'd know it was going somewhere special... Wait does she read this? Oh well, no harm in letting her know your friends support you, and will help to caution the womens.

2:11 PM, August 15, 2005  
Blogger bad apologies said...

WOAH! And another thing - MOST RIDICULOUSLY ARTICLE EVER. First off, how many dogs did they drain and then fill with an ice-cold salt solution before they got this to work? "Oh crap, scrappy isn't coming back to life... get another one!"

And second of all, what do they mean "plans to test the technique on humans should be realised within a year"!?!?!? ON WHICH HUMANS? I am NOT volunteering to have my blood drained, thank you very much. And while it might have benefits to freeze someone so that they can get them to surgery after massive blood loss, I see PLENTY of problems with that: who is going to administer the icy salt mixture on the battlefield?; and if there is massive blood loss, doesn't that mean there will be MASSIVE ICE-COLD SALT SOLUTION LOSS!?

Third, would you LOOK at the face on that dog?! I'm going to pass on whatever angry pain he's in.

Finally, what in the flying f*ck is a boffin!?

2:19 PM, August 15, 2005  
Blogger bad apologies said...

Upon googling Boffins, articles that came up included:
"Boffins unveil world's most powerful quantum computer"
"Boffins develop phone call boredom spotter"
"Boffins crack the snoring secret"
"Boffins turn plastic into steel"
"Boffins take on prostate cancer"

I want to be a Boffin! They can do anything!

2:24 PM, August 15, 2005  
Blogger Red said...

Welcome back to the single life! It sucks but what are you going to do?

6:52 AM, August 16, 2005  
Blogger Red said...

Don't put me down for the walking dead treatment!

If I'm that bad off that I need to be "clinically dead" to undergo such an invasive surgery, I think I'll just die naturally thank you very much.

6:56 AM, August 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home