A Prize In Every Box

This is a place for the random musings and life experiences of one Fliven, who looks for life's fun little surprises, even when its in a giant box of stale, tasteless foodstuffs.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Hill, GA, United States

The details of my life remain shrouded in mystery.

Friday, May 20, 2005

Day Two

So this morning as I was eating breakfast (triple chocolate cupcakes and Sunny D) and enjoying the pale weather* and I heard Rodolfo running around. Rodolfo is the mouse that lives in the wall under my bed. Every night at about 12:30 he gets up and runs across my kitchen/bedroom, goes up the stairs in to my office/wardrobe, and from thence I can only assume he proceeds to my parents' side of the house to terrorize our neurotic cat, get a spot of lunch, and then head back. Usually he runs back around 4:30 in the morning, but today I heard his tiny thunderous feet at 8:30! Which made me start imagining (usually dangerous in my case and always so when eating) what kind of excuses he would come up with if he could talk.

"Damn this traffic," he would say, "there I was, getting out of the bread box early for once, and wouldn't you know it, some idiot bug has to up and crawl under the door right by the dog. Dog barks, lady lets him in, and I am stuck in the kitchen for hours."

Quite a disgruntled mouse, our Rodolfo.

I was also glad yesterday to get some much needed rest after my late late night watching Star Wars. And am also glad today is Friday! I have some cash and am planning on hitting the Dutch Farmers Market on the way home for some goodies. Mmm...pumpkin custard pie....

This weekend I'm taking my sister to see Star Wars, and have a family event of some kind on Sunday. Should be fun. We'll probably have to have a "family meeting" afterwards, which should not be as much fun. But that's the way it goes with family.

More bulletins as events warrant. Today's entertaining site: http://www.worth1000.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home